A made to order coffee table chest in a vintage industrial railway design, hand-crafted using reclaimed materials - this is an eco-friendly recycled product!
Featuring inlaid lid and ends, chunky plank kickboard and lid surround, industrial steel handles and fastenings, sliding metal lid stay, hidden rear hinges, wood chock lid supports and 2 base runners. With 'British Railways' text to lid and front face and 'Engine Shed 4' to rear. The reclaimed rustic timbers and repurposed plywood feature knots and quirks, grains, textures and tones for an organic, tactile finish. The plywood interior is clean and tidy ready for all your storage needs.
With tons of character and bags of style, this unique chest will take centre stage in your living room.
DIMENSIONS (cm): L 122 x H 45.5 x D 40 approx.
THIS ITEM CONTAINS RECLAIMED MATERIALS SO NO TWO CHESTS WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME - GOOD NEWS FOR INDIVIDUALS! EACH CHEST IS HANDMADE TO ORDER ACCORDING TO THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE SO WILL DIFFER SLIGHTLY FROM THE PHOTO.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CHEST MADE TO DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS FROM THOSE LISTED HERE - WE WILL HAPPILY WORK WITH YOU TO CREATE YOUR OWN CUSTOM DESIGN.
HAND-CRAFTED WITH CARE & EXPERTISE TO A HIGH QUALITY.. IT WILL BE 2-3 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR CHEST IS READY - GOOD THINGS TAKE TIME! FAST WEEKDAY SHIPPING TO MAINLAND UK FOLLOWING COMPLETION - WE AIM TO DELIVER YOUR ORDER WITHIN 21 DAYS OF PURCHASE.
Vintage, pre-owned and reclaimed goods by their very nature are not new, they have their own unique quirks & imperfections. Our antique and vintage trunks & chests and hand crafted items made from reclaimed materials show signs of wear & tear, commensurate with age and previous use, which may include: knocks, bumps & dents; scrapes, scuffs & scratches; marks, stains, fading & discolouration; snags, tears, peeling & wrinkling; surface corrosion; exposed fixings; old fixing holes; missing pieces; shrinkage gaps; paint remnants; small repairs; woodworm; corroded & missing metalwork; sharp edges; newly-fitted & replacement parts including fixtures & fittings. Notable quirks are outlined in the item description.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 7 days of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to us), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Except exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Simon Challis & Kerry Clow, are the data controllers of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Alternately, you may mail us at:
Vintage Trunks & Chests, Swallow Barn, Fen Road, Toynton All Saints, Spilsby, Lincs. PE23 5DF UK
We ship twice weekly on a Monday & Thursday using a 24 Hour Courier for next day delivery to Mainland UK addresses on all items except those made to order. Please nominate your preferred delivery day accordingly at checkout by stating either Tuesday or Friday delivery. We can only ship your order if we have your telephone contact number and any additional delivery instructions to pass on to the courier so please add a note at checkout so we can get your item to you as soon as possible! We aim to complete and deliver made to order items within 14 days.
Our couriers are presently unable to offer timed deliveries - deliveries generally take place between 8am and 6pm, and could be as early as 7am in some instances. If you need more certainty as to the timing of your delivery we are able to offer a Next Day Before 12 Noon service - simply upgrade your shipping at checkout and we'll do the rest. If you are in any doubt, or have any questions or additional instructions regarding your delivery, please contact us - we are more than happy to help!
Yes that's no problem, simply upgrade to Saturday AM delivery at checkout.
We can deliver to any address in the United Kingdom. If you live in Northern Ireland, the Highlands or Islands please contact us prior to purchase for a quote to ship to your postcode. Deliveries to these parts of the UK often incur additional charges so will not be covered by the listed shipping cost. We may be able to offer a Global Shipping option for some of our items - please contact us for a personalised quote from our specialist antiques shipping partner.
All our items are hand finished in several coats of a quality wax polish. A wax finish naturally enhances the wood and revives and protects the original patina, however it doesn't have the same protection as a lacquered finish (the type you may find on shop bought furniture). So to keep your item in tip top condition it's advised to wax it periodically depending on the wear and tear it receives, the suggestion for a coffee table is twice a month. Only the top need be done with a clear wax according to the instructions on the product used. You may also wish to wax the whole piece every 6-12 months to maintain the finish. This will feed, hydrate and protect the wood, maintain the depth of colour and help your furniture to stay looking great!
Apr 7, 2017
A beautiful vintage chest, that now is a centre piece of our hallway. Simon has a wonderful eye for detail and the finishings of his craftsmanship are to such a high standard. We love it!